Bariatric new build specs

Home Forums Equipment Use – Policies and Procedures Bariatric new build specs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know if there are any new specs available when designing toilet/shower facilities for bariatric patients in hospitals. I wonder if Christchurch have come up with anything when doing your new build. Also has there been a new bariatric suite built at Auckland??
    Thanks

Jackie Barnes
    Participant

Hi Julie,

The Arjo Planner is the best tool to see ideal layouts for bariatric rooms. I will send you an email with a link to gain access to this portal.
    Yes Canterbury DHB have some great bariatric rooms and I can message you with some further details. There are others Arjo have installed around NZ also.

Jackie Barnes
    Arjo

Hi Jackie
    I would also be keen to see the Arjo Planner, especially for my new colleague Sarah for the new Dunedin Hospital planning. Thanks Joanne

Jackie Barnes
    Participant

Hi Joanne, No problem I will email you the link to the Arjo Planner for yourself and Sarah.
    Thank you.
    Jackie

Aaron

Handicare have a great range of Bariatric solutions, and also offer a powered (self driven) mobile hoist capable of lifting 270kgs called the EVADRIVE600. This will be on display at the SYA roadshow.
    This is a good alternative to an overhead system if either the building is unsuitable or the cost is prohibitive.

http://www.handicare.com or http://www.medix21.co.nz for further info.

Aaron
    Medix21

Hi Julie and Co.
    A link here to forProject Doc Molift the Molift planning doc, it covers layout and product choice for ceiling hoisting.

Most of the big lifting supply companies will have this kind of doc but also the expertise to assist with putting their most appropriate bariatric lifting equipment forward for the proposed space. I think all suppliers would agree though that if you are planning a build… get the clinicians, the clinical engineers and the supplier into a conversation (preferably in the same room) early. It can really help to solve problems on paper. Retrofits are always possible but are more challenging.

In terms of bariatric lifting the 500kg single motor rail system and or the 350 are the couple to look at from Molift via Morton&Perry. Happy to pass on the info for those via PDF if thats of interest.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.